Due to the recent increase of rental demands by our service customers, we are no longer offering rentals to the general public until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Once we are able to accommodate retail customers again, the reservation form will return to our website.
1. Why do I have to put $100.00 hold on my credit/debit card?
A $100 deposit is required to ensure the vehicle is returned in the condition in which you received it. I.e. Full tank of gas, clean, no pets, no smoking, no damage.
2. When will the $100 hold be released?
The $100 hold will be released between 7 and 30 days, depending on the card type. Contact your credit card company for more info.
3. What is the limit for miles?
Heritage Toyota Rent-A-Toyota offers unlimited mileage.
4. Can I tow with my Rent-A-Toyota vehicle?
No, our Rent-A-Toyota vehicles are not equipped for towing
5. Can I take it out of the country?
Rent-a-Toyota vehicles are able to be driven in Canada IF your insurance coverage transfers to Canada.
6. Why can't I have a pet in the vehicle?
Heritage Toyota and Toyota Motor Company require all rentals to be pet free for the health of all renters.
7. Why can't I smoke in the vehicle?
Heritage Toyota and Toyota Motor Company require all rentals to be smoke free for the health of all renters.
8. Does my insurance cover the rental?
Contact your insurance agent to verify that your coverage carries over to a rental vehicle.
9. How old do I have to be to rent a vehicle?
You must be 21 years of age or older to rent a vehicle.
10. How do the charges work? (24 hr base)
Rentals are based on a 24 hour rental period. For example, if you rent a vehicle at 11:00 am on Monday it is due back by 11:00 am on Tuesday. There is a one hour grace period after which you will be charged for an additional day’s rental.
11. Can I drop the vehicle off after hours, or days you are closed?
Vehicles can be dropped off after hours. There is a brown drop box in the entryway of the service building. Sign and date the envelope provided, put the keys in the envelope and put the envelope in the drop slot. You will not be charged an extra day.
12. Do you have any vehicles equipped with a manual transmission?
No. All rental vehicles are equipped with automatic transmissions.
13. Can I purchase insurance coverage from Heritage Toyota?
No. Rent-A-Toyota does not offer insurance coverage. You must provide proof of coverage prior to a rental agreement being completed.
14. Do I have to be a customer of Heritage Toyota to rent a vehicle?
No. Our rentals are available to everyone as long as they meet the requirements.